Here’s what we know:
- Digital transformation is driving companies to the cloud: a cloud model is more agile and designed for rapid innovation to meet highly dynamic business needs.
- Communications is foundational to digital success: Unified Communications (UC) and Contact Center (CC) are now critical enablers of transformation, making the move to a modernised, cloud-based communications system imperative.
- Evaluate the range of cloud options before deciding anything: No two cloud providers are the same, and options range extensively. Look at the pros and cons of each and choose the one that makes the most sense for your company. Do what’s best for your organisation versus following trends.
- Invest in traditional systems where it makes sense to do so: The world may be moving towards cloud, but you have to do what makes the most sense for your company. That may mean continuing to invest in on-premise systems for certain reasons. For example, you may choose to keep your current call control solution in place and use the cloud for online meetings and team collaboration.
- Choose a solution provider that offers a range of options: Don’t be force-fed a certain cloud solution because you’re told “it’s all we offer.” Seek a solution provider that has a wide range of cloud options to meet the unique needs of your organisation. Don’t settle.
Adapted from 'Top Considerations for Moving Your Communications to the Cloud', written by Gaurav Passi and originally posted to the official site of Avaya.